Friday, November 2, 2007

The Real You by Natalie Grant

Your self-image is not this ethereal, theoretical thing that is hard to get your hands around. It is who and what you picture yourself to be. How you feel about you. Do you base how you feel about yourself on the expectations of others? On whether you have the right clothes, live in the right neighborhood, belong with the popular people? If so, your self-image isn’t a true reflection of who you really are. Every girl has a vision of who she is. Who do you think you are?

True self-worth is not based on what you feel about yourself or even on what others think about you. True self-esteem can only be based on how God sees you. You are only who God says you are.

And God says you are wonderful.

Excerpted with permission from The Real Me: Being the Girl God Sees by Natalie Grant, copyright © 2005 by Natalie Grant. Published by W Publishing Group, a Division of Thomas Nelson, Inc. All rights reserved

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's amazing how much we girls have trouble with appearance and self-esteem. I read somewhere that we are our greatest critics. When I realized that, I'm like, wow, all this time, I've been feeling bad about myself because of myself, if you know what I mean. After this previous weekend (i went to Revolve) i've learned so much about knowing that God put me here for a special purpose, and he made me to be the way I am. I kinda think of it like if I make fun of myself, its like I'm making fun of Him, because He made me this way. I got a total wake up call when I started thinking that way.